Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stupid Engineers, Part 2

I suppose titling this "Stupid Engineers" is too restrictive.  But the people who call themselves "engineers" where I work continues to be on my mind.  One of the account forms that these folks need to fill out has a few questions on it, and the responses are just laughable.  A few samples:

Q: Who performs the same job as you?
A: Myself

What kind of an answer is that? Do you have two personalities?

Q: Who do you report to?
A: KNOWONE

I guess this person is in charge then, isn't he.  Too bad he can't spell.

I also see a lot of people who don't know the difference between being active duty military and a civilian (govt) employee. You'd think someone would know if they were active duty, wouldn't you?  Civilians don't often get shot at.  At least not on a normal work day.

So should I trust *any* of these people to show up and fix my software or hardware problem?

I don't think so.

Your tax dollars at work, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment