Things I would like to say to people, but a sense of propriety (usually) keeps me from doing so.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Stupid Engineers
You'd think that title would be a contradiction, wouldn't you? I'm (hopefully temporarily) doing some account setups for a web application, and some of the people calling themselves engineers are apparently too stupid to fill out the account form halfway decently. They can't spell their own names, tell you where they work, who they report to, type in their phone numbers correctly, or pretty much provide anything useful. "Dumber than stumps" is the phrase that comes to mind, and they (laughingly) say that they are engineers? Engineering what exactly? Would I want one of these people coming to help me with a problem? I don't think so. I have been spoiled I guess by my exceedingly logical spouse (electrical engineer/computer science) and good friend (electrical engineer) who have actual brains and thought processes. If you can't think I don't think you get to call yourself an engineer - unless you're the kind who runs a toy train.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment