Ok, I've tried hard to be good. I smile when I want to scream and tell people earnestly how happy I'd be to look into something for them, when really I think it's a total crock and their ideas suck. But you know, enough is enough. I've had it with one particular group of people who haven't participated meaningfully in a single discussion about requirements (for software development), yet complain incessantly that they don't have input. ATTEND A FRIGGIN' MEETING WHY DON'T YOU?! Do I have to set the talking points to music, do a dance on your table top to get your attention? Their group has a representative who never shows up, never appoints an alternate. (Sometimes he sends a yes or no vote by passenger pigeon but his vote is completely disconnected from any actual review of the material - our next version of one application is undoing a whole bunch of stuff that he voted yes on the first time.) The rest of us get on with our work and make decisions. Now they're completely up in arms about a few things that they had ample opportunity to weigh in on for the last few months. You know what? I don't care! If they had paid the slightest bit of attention to anything they'd know where things stand, but nooooooooooooo. It's easier to bitch and moan and whine. Well, I'm bitching back. Either participate constructively, or go away. I'm not listening to your crap any more. Got that?
I'll now return to fake smiley face.
Do you need any help with the music and dance routine? It would help if you could do a musical freestyle (dressage) on their desks and oops if the pony has to poop during the performance. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat could work, but I was thinking more of rodeo horses who could execute a few well-placed kicks.
ReplyDelete