Things I would like to say to people, but a sense of propriety (usually) keeps me from doing so.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Bad Apostrophes, Part 1
A sign for Santa in a mall near my home. This one is so bad it's hard to know where to start. Love or hate the store...how can any even marginally literate American not know the store Sears? Is the building in Chicago now Sear's Tower? Maybe I can ask the personnel in the store if they will sear some meat for me? ARGGGHHH! I'm seriously thinking of returning to the mall with a bottle of Wite-Out (yes that's how the brand name is spelled).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I once used an apostrophe incorrectly on a painting that was exhibited at the library. Someone, anonymously, wrote a scathing remark in the comment book next to the picture. Were you that person, Liza?! Later, my book and the pen were stolen, and I corrected the mistake. I'm wondering, sufficient atonement or ... dun da dun dun?
ReplyDeleteNo, my style would be to correct it when nobody was looking, then move on.
ReplyDelete